Just because I’m not on a writing assignment doesn’t mean I get to goof off all day. That wouldn’t be good for me anyway. What to do on such a day?
- Read. Authors must read, as must editors.
- Respond to a business query about editing work.
- Find nephew guilty of leaving boxcutter in shorts put in washer. Criticism–much stinging criticism.
- Do some financial stuff, since I’m also the $ manager around here.
- Think for a while about the Ireland book and what needs to happen to it to improve it.
- Watch Big Brother.
- Drop off wife’s prescription refills.
Not an arduous day, though I will pay for it another time when I’m writing for fourteen hours a day seven days a week. I’ll take the more relaxed days when I have them, remembering the ones where it felt like my eyes would bleed–and a few that left marks.